Rosy Cheeks Nursery is based in a one storey building, providing wheelchair access, enclosed playground, parent parking and secure entrance at the rear of the property. Being converted from an old church we can boast large rooms providing a spacious environment for your child to move freely whilst learning new skills and our sensory sleep room is calming to help soothe your baby into restful sleep. Given our setting and resources Rosy Cheeks can offer every facility and requirement for babies, toddlers and pre-school children in a loving, caring and safe environment.
We are registered with OFSTED to provide care between 7am and 6pm Monday to Friday for 64 children aged 0 – 8 years old and we accept children from birth to school age on a full and part time basis. The nursery is set out into four play rooms, Kittens (0-18months) Little Cats (18- 30 months), Big Cats (26-36 months) and Tigers (36 months to 4+years) we also offer a before and after school club for children attending local schools (St Marys, and Summerbank). Rosy Cheeks Nursery is committed to maintain and improve our facility and raise the standards of childcare.
Our manager Rose has been working in early years settings since 1995 and has completed a BA (HON) Early Childhood Studies and has Early Years Professional Status. All our staff are highly qualified and experienced Nursery Nurses trained in all areas of childcare and work within the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) guidance set out by OFSTED, all staff are paediatric first aid trained and are DBS checked.
At Rosy Cheeks Nursery we understand that every child is individual and the most important addition that any family will care for and love. We therefore appreciate that it is always difficult to leave your child in a new environment with unfamiliar people, but we have the extensive knowledge and experience to help to make this transition as easy as possible for you and your child and free visits are available up to two weeks before your child is due to start.
We boast very competitive rates at Rosy Cheeks and provide flexible care to suit your needs.
- Breakfast served up to 8.45am (cereals, toast and milk)
- morning snack - (fruit)
- 2 course hot lunch served 12 noon onwards - (all home cooked on the premises by a qualified cook in accordance with our healthy eating policy, menus displayed on parents notice board, alternatives are available to suit individual needs)
- Light Tea served from 4.30pm onwards - (sandwiches/savouries/fruit)
- Drinks are served freely throughout the day - (water, milk and sugar free juice)
- Wipes (Nappies, creams and bottle feeds need to be provided from home please) NB: All parents need to provide individual sun protection creams, sun hats and Calpol / teething gels when necessary. All must be clearly labelled with the child’s name.
Free Nursery education places available for children aged 3+.
We accept all nursery / childcare vouchers.
We are open 51 weeks a year including bank holidays and close one week in December.
Please feel free to drop in at anytime or alternatively ring and book an appointment as we are happy to discuss your childcare needs.
We are registered with the National Day Nurseries Association.